Hearing Protection GUIDELINES
They're your ears and it's your hearing, but this has implications for all of us! Please take a look at the following guidelines.
- Richland Percussionists should wear hearing protection in all marching percussion rehearsal and performance settings.
- Percussionists should wear hearing protection in all percussion ensemble rehearsal and performance settings.
- Percussionists should choose a form of hearing protection and stick with it. Consistency is key when it comes to providing your brain with information via your hearing.
- Hearing protection is not optional.
- "Earasers" are not required, but highly recommended.
- Foam earplugs for hunting or motorsports are designed for certain uses and are SIGNIFICANTLY less effective for music applications.